Transverse myelitis is a fairly uncommon disorder, and it is often difficult to find detailed and reliable information. Here are some sites that we rely on for accurate information about transverse myelitis:
- National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke
- Transverse Myelitis Association
- The Transverse Myelitis Center at Johns Hopkins
- Transverse Myelitis at MayoClinic
- Brain and Spine Foundation
- Social Security and Disability Resource Center: an informational website that provides answers to questions about how to apply for disability, how to appeal a claim in the event of a denial, how to navigate the federal system, and how to avoid certain mistakes that are commonly made by applicants. The site’s author is a former disability examiner for the social security administration.
- Book: Best Seat In The House (by Allen Ruckers, a memior about his TM story)
If you are aware of additional helpful websites or resources about TM, please submit a link.
We do not accept donations. However, if you wish to make a donation, we encourage you to visit the Transverse Myelitis Association. You can also obtain transverse myelitis wristbands in order to raise awareness.